The Return Series

Posted April 10, 2016 by Camille Funk in The Restoration / 35 Comments

What’s Happening With The Restoration?

I can’t believe it! By now you’ve probably read the second to last posting of The Restoration. I’m hoping you guys are on the edge of your seats. Ellie’s about to face her killer for the last time in this series. This is the last time I’ll be leaving you guys with a cliffhanger and I have to say, the moment’s bittersweet. Thank you for letting me play with your emotions for the last three years.

I’ve got all sorts of emotions charging through me, but I’m mostly filled with anticipation. I can’t wait to finally deliver the end of this book to you! We’ve discovered a lot of mysteries together along the way, and I promise you we’re about to find out who Ellie’s killer is.

The next posting will most likely be up in about two to three weeks. I know ! I know! That’s forever from now! But I didn’t want to leave you hanging in the middle of the story just as it builds its momentum. I wanted you to experience all this right along with Ellie, so that means you’ll be getting the rest of the book in one big hunk. That’s right; this next posting will be the last. That’s why I need a little time. I’ve got a bunch of chapters that I’m gonna deliver at once.

But don’t worry, if you’re like me and totally impatient I’ve got you covered. I’m going to be posting some sneak peeks of the last few chapters, and some bits of the spinoff book, A Beautiful Mess, right here on Mondays. So if your jonesing for something to read, stop on by.

To the hundreds of you who have commented on the series, I have to tell you it’s been a real pleasure getting a glimpse into your minds as you’ve read. I haven’t been able to respond to every one of them, but I’ve read all the comments and it’s been a treat to watch you work your way through the plot as it unfolded.

I remember when some of you were shipping Derrick and Ellie. I got to read the moments when some of you figured things out, and the shock some of you experienced because you hadn’t. Some of you were confident that you knew who Ellie’s father was by book one, others weren’t so quick to take a guess. I’ve read countless opinions on Max and his past selves watching as some of you wavered from hating him, to liking him, to hating him, to liking him, to… I could never keep up!

And the theories! I’ve read so many amazing theories! At the beginning of book one some of you were convinced Levi was Ellie’s killer. A chunk of readers have always had their suspicions about Max, and Nina became a popular suspect around book four. Theo and Allison have always been a popular choice, and I’ve had to assure more than one of you that the mirderer hasn’t switched from lifetime to lifetime. (Can you imagine? You guys know me! I can hardly keep names straight let alone five different murderers!)

But now it’s time to find out who Ellie’s murdered really is. How about for old times sake we do this just once more? Are you game?

Who do you think is waiting for Ellie at Potter Falls?

Last call to place your bets! Shout it loud and proud in the comments section of you feel confident enough. If I’ve done my job right, by now many of you should already have a gut feeling as to who it is. I think Ellie does. I think deep down she knows.

35 Comments on "The Return Series"

Anonymous
Anonymous
1 year 3 months ago

Still no word?

agentphynk
agentphynk
1 year 3 months ago

Just reading the comments 😊

Adlyn
Adlyn
1 year 3 months ago

On wattpad , I said Ellie will die but I reakize , it’s stupid of me cause Max will live forever to be with Riley . HAHA .

Marina
Marina
1 year 3 months ago

I started to read your books literally just a week ago and I just finished the last chapter you posted and believe me or not I think I know who is the killer but I won’t share my opinion because I want to reread everything to be sure.I have enough time anyway

Robin
Robin
1 year 3 months ago

I think it’s Nina.

Waad
Waad
1 year 3 months ago

I think it’s Sarah waiting for her since she seems to be involved in each and every lifetime under the exact same name, so i feel something fishy about her.

Charming_Maiden
Charming_Maiden
1 year 3 months ago

Tyler. Just because.

Just kidding. He knows where Ellie is in every lifetime.. Or not

Angele
Angele
1 year 4 months ago

I honestly think it’s Declan. It’s been a fun and dramatic ride but it was totally worth it!
Thank you for the last 2 years of this amazing series.

Renelle
Renelle
1 year 4 months ago

I think it’s Nina’s dad, who could also be Ellie’s dad, but I’m not sure. He was really sweet to her. I don’t think it’s Declan, Max, Nina, Allison, Theo, Tyler or any of the usual suspects. I don’t think you’d make the killer obvious. But it could very well be one of them.

Member
1 year 3 months ago

no he couldnt kill his own brother jackson n kidnap his own son this life time …

mater
mater
1 year 4 months ago
Another reader an I are almost betting Sarah is going to make her apperance. I just have this strong feeling (probably going to be totally wrong haha) I just feel she is this big mystery who supposedly died while giving birth….but I don’t recall, in my horrible memory, of anyone ever talking of a graveside or funeral etc. It’s either her, why I have no theories on, maybe she’s just tired of remembering all her lifetimes too. Next on my list is nina dad, then nina, then tyler. I sooo want to rule him out but….ellie being the constant reminder… Read more »
Mara
Mara
1 year 4 months ago

I bet it’s her father. We know nothing about him and he might have had something against Sarah and maybe that’s why she didn’t want him to know. And Caroline’s father knows who he is and that means it’s somebody close. Plus Nina and Caroline and Derrick don’t like each other… Might have stemmed from their fathers? Her father is the only mystery never really developed. Gosh, so much anticipation.

Member
1 year 4 months ago

were the hell m commnts were gone ??? ….

Member
1 year 4 months ago

omg m commnts were gone…… :'(

Member
1 year 4 months ago

n m forget anout nina’s father maybe he was but again when he first met Ellie he shocked (3rd lifetime),n in this lifetime too …n he loved sarah thats y he taken ellie’s painting in his home becoz he thought of sarah n dont know about there child. one again my heart is saying no he is not.

Member
1 year 4 months ago
i knew that the murderer knew his/her lifetime becoz of that note stolen from ellie’s home… i have a doubt on declan,tyler’s dad,tyler or nina… becoz they were the people who hates her (nina,declan,allison) or actual know that she is sarah’s child (tyler’s father) …others where just dont know or maybe some one acted like dont know n fooling her… Secondly thought enter into m mind was wat happened to sarah,?? was she died or murder? if she loved nina’s dad then y she was hiding during her pregnancy ,why she didn’t tell her husband about her pregnancy or nina’s… Read more »
Anonymous
Anonymous
1 year 4 months ago

I think is either mr craig or sarah, but a major twist would be if it was jared and he somehow wasnt killed those times….also therenhas to be a reason why declan doesnt ever want them to be together so im thinking a twist from that somehow..

Cathi
Cathi
1 year 4 months ago

Who could be strong enough to have Jared is my question? Nina could’ve drugged him I guess, Max is really angry again and knows all. But then again, I’m wondering if someone is still alive from her previous life?

Kim
Kim
1 year 4 months ago

Ok this is probably a complete shot in the dark but I think it’s Ellie’s birth mother. I think, like Ellie, her life keeps repeating itself (falling in love with Nina’s father, falling pregnant with Ellie) and that she didn’t actually die when Ellie was born. Admitedtly there’s lots of holes in my theory but I’ve just got a feeling about her birth mother.

Angela White
Angela White
1 year 4 months ago

I’ve always leaned towards Nina but now I’m thinking maybe Declan.

Krissy
Krissy
1 year 4 months ago

I still think it is Nina.

raj
raj
1 year 4 months ago

i think the murderer would either be declan or allison

Adlyn
Adlyn
1 year 3 months ago

I think it’s Mr.Craig .

Jazz
Jazz
1 year 4 months ago

I feel like its someone we havent heard much about, someone who ellie hasn’t realised has been with her each life. I cant remember his name but I think it may be the guy ellie went out with during her lifetime that was in war time, 5th life I think. But I cant remember if he had already been sent off at the time of ellies murder. If he is ruled out due to that or there is no character in other lifetimes that could be him (I need to reread everything to check), then I have no clue.

Toni
Toni
1 year 3 months ago

Paul?

Nanditha
Nanditha
1 year 4 months ago

I think its Nina…..She hates Ellie because she feels Ellie is her Step Sister…and may be broke her parents marriage.

Valentines
Valentines
1 year 4 months ago
I really am not sure. I like to think is Nina but knowing you that would be like too easy for us to guess. I know you like twisted so I really have no idea. I’m doubting myself and the meaning of life right this moment! Hahaha Instead of thinking who could be I like thinking who cannot be, or who I think. Declan, I think he does care about his son and he does everything thinking of him, it may not be the better way but I do think he loves his son. This goes as well with Max,… Read more »
Ariane Taraki
Ariane Taraki
1 year 4 months ago

I’m just going to guess Allison. She seems to be one of the most ominous ones to me. I think she knew much much more than she was letting on. Just a guess though, I cant wait to finally find out after years of waiting!

della
della
1 year 4 months ago

I’m pretty sure it’s Leila, but forget her name I the last lifetime, I think shes jealous and that her,and Ellie are half sisters

Tanya roe
Tanya roe
1 year 4 months ago
It’s Nina in sure lol (watch me be so wrong) but it makes sense she is the only person who has the opportunity in every lifetime. We were told that Nina’s mother killed herself while Nina was with her so my theory is that Nina and Ellie are half sisters sharing the same father. Nina’s mum told her this before she killed herself and that is why Nina hates Ellie. Nina’s dad met Ellie earlier on in this book and she got the impression that he knew her birth mother if Ellie had of been brave enough she would probably… Read more »
Jasmine Sizemore
Jasmine Sizemore
1 year 4 months ago

I am starting to think it might be a Potter. Or Declan, but I have doubts about him. Or maybe someone completely unsuspecting? Potter is what I’m thinking

Member
1 year 4 months ago

Now that we’ve actually reached this point, I’m completely doubting my guess now. I’m even doubting life. I really think it’s Declan (& sometimes Matt) but I wouldn’t be surprised to be thrown way left field. I just want to know who and especially why. What has made this person so hateful towards Ellie for her to deserve this torture for many lifetimes. I’m signing off before I get teary. Can’t believe we’re reaching the end.

Marci
Marci
1 year 4 months ago

I don’t think it’s Declan as that would mean he killed Jackson and his I think it was uncle then had big plans for him to wed the past life of Nina. I think it’s Nina

Drashti
Drashti
1 year 4 months ago

I am dying of anticipation!!! Is it nina’s father? He’s the only one who is still somewhat a mystery but then again this person knows about the past lifetimes! I know we are supposed to have a gut feeling but at this moment I am so on the edge of who it is!! This series has been the best on wattpad so far! Totally love all your works and thank you for the return series !! Can’t wait for the next update xo

Member
1 year 4 months ago

ya the killer knows about the past lifetimes so nina’s father no chance… if he really knew everything y would he hv affair with sarah (if he was ellie’s father) n left her pregnant.???
I thought Sarah also knew her lifetime bt coulnt change it as Ellie cant… and she has also same name everylife time,the whole story revolves around Sarah n Ellie.

wpDiscuz